Dear Publishers and BC Authors,
BC Chocolate Lily Book Awards is accepting submissions for the 2017 Book Awards.
- Publishers submit books to one, two or all three categories
- A jury consisting of teacher-librarians, English teachers, published authors/illustrators (without a submission that year) is appointed to read all the submissions
- Following pre-set criteria, the jury keeps notes on each book
- Jury meets to share and discuss their recommendations and creates a short list
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2017 (If this deadline falls on a weekend, it will be extended to midnight the next business day.)
- Children’s book created by a BC author or illustrator. Authors and illustrators who have lived in BC for 3 out of the last 5 years qualify for this award.
- Publication year: Must have a 2016 imprint
- Note: We will have three categories in Children’s fiction again: Picture Book category, Early Chapter Book category -suitable for Gr 2 – Gr 4 readers and Novels Category – suitable for Grades 5 – 7. (If you’re unsure whether a chapter book is suitable, you may wish to submit it. If you’re uncertain whether a picture book qualifies as a fictional story because it’s fiction within nonfiction facts, you may wish to submit it. Our jury has short listed several picture books that could be considered nonfiction.)
Please note that this is a fiction award, so non-fiction books are not eligible. We will consider reprints or reissues of a fiction book provided it is the first time the book has been submitted for this award.
Submission Entry Fee:
Please include a $30 entry fee per title submitted. (note that the maximum entry fee will be $200 per publishing company)
Payable to: Chocolate Lily Awards
Submit: Please submit 7 copies of each title.
Send ONE copy and the payment to:
Chocolate Lily Awards
2424 Quail Ridge Boulevard
Kelowna, BC V1V 1Z9
Attn: Harmina Jansen
Send SIX copies to:
8247 Montcalm Street
Vancouver, BC V6P 4P4
Chocolate Lily Submissions Coordinator
Teacher & Founder of Chocolate Lily Book Awards